The 2020 IWCA Annual Convention offers a full slate of educational opportunities for owners, managers, and employees alike. Whether you’re getting ready to retire at the top, are just starting out with yourself as the only employee, running the office, climbing a ladder, or leading the crew, there is a session for you this year. Any convention attendee can take any session, but we’ve streamlined the programs to make it easier to find the best class for you.
01 – Ownership Educational Pathway
Sessions that end in “-01” are aimed primarily at business owners and are designed to provide you with the language to help you educate your client base and your employees as you continue to grow your business.
· A four-part series on how to educate your clients and colleagues on Glass issues, with all new instructors and a new, window-cleaner friendly learning module to help you understand and explain the Glass Surface issues cleaners face. Practical, teachable Glass Surface information, with an emphasis on best practices to address the cleaning and maintenance of glass. T
· Our Keynote Speaker Tommy Mello leads a session on marketing and one for Operations Management, with a particular highlight on marketing to your residential clientele. Tommy’s experience and expertise in home services brings a familiarity and trade-specific focus to these sessions.
· A session on Becoming Absentee and Delegation, for owners who might one day consider stepping back from day-to-day operations to enjoy the success of your labors.
02 – Management Educational Pathway
Sessions that end in “-02” are directed to management and those responsible for the day-to-day operation of the business. Office managers and operations managers alike will receive education for engaging employees, solving common problems, and running a more efficient business.
· A session exploring ideas popularized in the popular business guide “Dream Maker.” Offers practical advice for retaining your best employees by making your success a shared success, and practical tips for translating your technical expertise into a wider vision for the future.
· Principles for the Effective Trainer, a 90-minute session on skills, tactics and tools for successful trainers. Make your weekly safety meetings and OSHA campaigns a task your employees will look forward to!
· Moderated panel discussions with IWCA board members, experienced cleaners, and industry experts, with separate sessions for high-rise and residential window cleaning businesses.
· Sessions on Expense Hacks to Save up to $30,000 annually, Financial Tools, and Social Media Marketing seminars designed to maximize your growth and revenue with simple, easily implemented tools.
03 – Technical Educational Pathway
New this year, we have designed the “-03” sessions as an educational track exclusively for training sessions, where employees and technicians can complete training courses in four different areas. All -03 courses come with documentation! New skills, new trainers, and new opportunities to bring new services to your business:
· PWNA – Pressure Washing Flat Surfaces – complete course with documentation
· Expert Safety Services – 1910 Pressure Washing & Window Cleaning Safety – complete course with documentation
· Matt Hayden – Christmas Light Installation – complete course with documentation
· Doug Apt, J. Racenstein – Soft Wash Systems -single session
You can sign-up for a full educational track when your register for the convention or select session by session on site. Attendees who pre-register will receive any documentation before you leave the convention. Full course descriptions will be available in 2020 mobile app. Click here to read about the additional training opportunities we’ll be hosting at the convention in Savannah.