Currently there is $11,601,634 in OSHA fines for Coronavirus Violations in the Workplace since October 2020. Most of the individual fines in the 10’s of thousands. It is imperative you have plans and protocols in place for your workplace. Examples of what was fine and items you need to seek to put into place, many in the toolbox section of the members site for you, are below.
“OSHA inspections have resulted in the agency citing employers for violations, including failures to:
- Implement a written respiratory protection program;
- Provide a medical evaluation, respirator fit test, training on the proper use of a respirator and personal protective equipment;
- Report an injury, illness or fatality;
- Record an injury or illness on OSHA recordkeeping forms; and
- Comply with the General Duty Clause of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970.”